This is an easy and inexpensive craft for Hanukkah or any other Jewish holiday.
Pipe cleaners - colors of your choice
Pasta shapes - penne or ziti works best
Food coloring - liquid colors
Small resealable plastic bags
Foil or wax paper
1. Color and dry your pasta noodles: Place pasta into a plastic bag. Add a pump of hand sanitizer and several drops of food coloring. Seal the bag and roll around in hands to get color to transfer to pasta. Leave in bag for about 10 minutes. Empty contents on to foil or wax paper and allow to air dry.
2. Slide three colored noodles on each pipe cleaner.
3. Twist tie closed the first pipe cleaner and form into a triangle by bending the pipe cleaner into thirds. Make sure a noodle is on each side of the triangle.
4. Take the second pipe cleaner and intertwine it, over and under, through the first pipe cleaner and then twist close.
5. Shape second pipe cleaner into inverted triangle. Make a bunch and get creative hanging them. We celebrate Christmas too and hang some on our tree.