Let’s go to the movies! Finally, after a long 18 months of being homebound, we are ready to head out to the theaters for the family movie event of the summer, PAW Patrol: The Movie! The exciting theatrical continuation of our favorite animated television series is coming to the big screen and Paramount+ on August 20th, and we cannot wait to see it live and in person at our local theater!
The film is set in Adventure City, which is much bigger and busier than the PAW Patrol’s home of Adventure Bay. Along with a new setting comes exciting new missions, thrilling rescues, and all-new gadgets and vehicles! An all-new team dynamic is introduced that the pups must work through together to succeed. The film is centered around teamwork and self-confidence, two important topics for our PAW Patrol loving kiddos to learn all about from their favorite heroes.
My daughter Everly is a long time fan of Ryder, Chase and all the other pups from Adventure Bay, so she’s super pumped that PAW Patrol: The Movie is coming out. The film will be available on Paramount+ for those wishing to stream the movie at home, but I thought it would be fun for us to make a trip to the theater for this special event.
If you’re planning to see PAW Patrol: The Movie in theaters, here are a few pro tips for taking kiddos to the movies:
- Buy your tickets in advance – This much-anticipated movie is going to be very popular, so buy your tickets in advance to secure comfortable seats and the ideal showtime.
- Pick the right showtime – If your child has the most energy in the morning, it’s probably best not to book a morning showtime. Choose a time that your child normally spends relaxing at home.
- Bring a jacket – Theaters are always a little chilly, so pack a sweatshirt or jacket, unless you’re looking forward to snuggle time with your movie partners.
- Get there early – Give yourself plenty of time to get there, hit the restrooms and the snack bar, and let the kids move around for a few minutes. If they haven’t been to the theater in a long time, or this is their first time, simply being at the theater is an exciting experience.
- Be willing to take a break (or leave) – Set your expectations low. Not all kids can make it through a movie, and that’s okay! Take them out to the hallway to get the wiggles out if needed, or take off before the end of the show if that’s the best option. PAW Patrol: The Movie will be available on Paramount+ the same time it’s in theaters, so you can always catch the parts you miss later.
Get tickets today at AMC or B&B! Here's the trailer, and below is a link to some really fun coloring pages to get your kiddos excited about the film! And, they even have a feature on their website for a special video call from one of the pups! Head to the PAW Patrol: The Movie website for all the fun before you see the film, coming to theatres and Paramount+ August 20, 2021!
While this content is sponsored, the options expressed above are my own.