Huzzah! It's Ren Fest season! Here's the scoop on all things KC Ren Fest your family needs to know before you go.
1. The Basics: The Kansas City Renaissance Festival is open weekends September 4- October 17th, and also on October 11th! The gates open at 10am, and close at 7pm. The event is rain or shine. Parking is free. There is handicap parking, and accessible portable toilets. The Festival is held in a natural, outdoor setting, so just be aware that sometimes the grounds may be muddy or difficult to maneuver in a wheelchair.
2. Tickets: Festival Gate Admission prices are as follows: Adult: $23.95, Child (5-12yrs old): $14.95, Senior/Student: $21.25 *Children 4 and under are FREE*. Advanced Admission prices are as follows; Adult: $20.95, Child: $12.50. Tickets can be purchased HERE.
3. Admission Inclusions: Your ticket includes access to all Stage Shows, including the Tournament Jousting, Tradewinds Contests, Themed Weekend Events, Parade, and entertainment around every bend in Canterbury.
4. Theme weekends: Each weekend boasts a unique theme and set of promotions. For a complete list of themes, and the activities and promotions that coincide, click here.
5. Family Friendly Activities: The list is endless, but here are a few of the biggies:
-Enchanted Forest, a shaded garden filled with fairies
-Mermaid Cove, where mermaids dive, flip and twirl majestically in the water
-Grand Parade, at 12:30 every day
-Jousting, every day at 11a, 1p, and 5p on the Joust Track
-Throne of Swords
-Meet the King and Queen
-Games and rides (Not all games and rides are included in the Festival Admission Ticket price)
-So much more!
6. Stage Performances: There is a stage schedule posted on the KC Ren Fest website weekly, but you truly cannot turn a corner without running into an amazing, live show that's sure to entertain your crew at least long enough for you take a break from walking!
7. The Food: If you can dream it up, they have it, I'm telling you. In my opinion, KC Ren Fest is all about the food. They have hundreds of options spread out in all areas of the festival. They have a food map available on their website, so you can navigate to the area with the food of your choice. If you're interested in an ale, they have that, too. Outside food and drink are not allowed, but if you have food allergies or special restrictions, instead of risking adverse reactions due to cross contamination, you are encouraged to bring a packed lunch to safely enjoy.
8. Costumes: Costumes are encouraged! In fact, there are costume contests daily. Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be offensive, obstructive, violent or otherwise objectionable. Children may wear masks. Plastic and wood toy weapons are allowed without sheaths or peace bonded, but may not be wielded in a way that they might accidentally strike another guest or employee.
9. Breastfeeding: Breastfeeding and pumping mamas, I've got your back. I remember those days, so this is one of the first things I always check for you ladies! You are welcome to breastfeed anywhere you feel comfortable doing so! There's also a more private area in the Children’s Realm available, if you prefer.
10. Dogs Allowed: Kansas City Renaissance Festival is dog friendly. They do have some rules though, so head to their page for more detail on this.
11. COVID-19: You can click here for live updates on COVID-19 plans and precautions.
Click here to get your FREE weekly kid-friendly event calendar full Kansas City area festivals, fairs, activities, events, awesome local businesses and more!
Welcome to Macaroni Kid Kansas City Kansas - Leavenworth!
Do you live in Kansas City? Are you constantly looking for things to do locally with your kids? We have an event calendar just for families in your area! It's packed full of local events, festivals, fairs, storytimes, character visits and awesome local family fun, right in your backyard. Sign-up for FREE by clicking HERE.