The tradition continues as FNBO, Westlake Ace Hardware, and Sarin Energy Solutions present the 21st Annual Luminary Walk. Kick-off the holiday season with a family walk through the lights at the Overland Park Arboretum & Botanical Gardens.
During the three weekends following Thanksgiving, take a stroll along the lit pathways to see intricate Gnome and Fairy Villages, serene winter woods by candlelight, and the colorful Children's Garden. Enjoy musical performances in four different locations and a horse-drawn wagon ride through the forest, while the quiet woods are lit with candles lining the walkways. The gardens are bright with color. Trees, buildings, and bridges are all part of the show, with thousands of lights aglow.
For a quieter "Date Night" experience, a Candlelight Stroll will be held Thursday, December 3rd.
The Luminary Walk is the major fundraiser for the Friends of the Arboretum (FOTA). All proceeds benefit the Arboretum.
More details on the Event Information page.
4:30 – 10:00 each night (Last admittance is 9:00.)
Friday, November 27, 2020
Saturday, November 28, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Friday, December 11, 2020
Saturday, December 12, 2020
$14.00 per person; free for age 5 and under, $2.00 discount for members of Friends of the Arboretum when purchased online with promo code.
(All attractions are included in your ticket price)
Candlelit pathways with live music floating through the woods
Lighted pathways through the gardens
The Children’s Garden alive with vibrant colors
Live musical entertainment in 4 locations throughout the gardens
Horse-drawn wagon rides 5:00 – 9:00
Gnome and Fairy Houses along the Mystical Loop
Family selfie photo-op spots for great holiday pictures
For the Safety of All
- All tickets are date and time-specific.
- The number of tickets sold for entry within half-hour timeframes is limited, allowing for social distancing between families.
- Expanded operating hours - 4:30 to 10:00 p.m. (1½ hours longer than previous years).
- To keep Santa safe, he will not be with us this year.
- Concessions will be available outdoors in the first garden, Stous Promenade. The visitor center will not be open for refreshments.
- To operate with fewer volunteers, trains in the train garden will not be running, and portions of the candlelit path will be switched to electric lights.
To protect all guests, as well as our volunteers, masks are required.
all are welcome
Cost$14.00 per person; free for age 5 and under, $2.00 discount for members
To ensure an enjoyable experience for all, the Luminary Walk is a capacity-controlled event. Tickets are date and time-specific and must be purchased in advance. You must present a printed QR code, or have it on your phone, and be prepared to show it or a parking pass (which will also be sent to you) in order to enter the parking lots.